1. Gravel, Jason, Jennifer Wong, and Rylan Simpson. “Getting in people's faces: On the symbiotic relationship between the media and police gang units”. Deviant Behavior. doi: 10.1080/01639625.2016.1269547
• View article!
2. Simpson, Rylan. “The Police Officer Perception Project (POPP): An experimental evaluation of factors that impact perceptions of the police”. Revised and resubmitted.
• Winner: Judges' Award at UCI Associated Graduate Students' Research Symposium
• Finalist: UCI Grad Slam
3. Simpson, Rylan. “Vests, accessories and vehicles: Aesthetics matter for perceptions of police officers”. Under review.
• Winner: UCI Social Ecology Poster Session
4. Simpson, Rylan, and John R. Hipp. “A typological approach to studying policing: Space, time and the contagion effect”. Under review.
5. Simpson, Rylan, and John R. Hipp. “What came first: The police or the incident? Long-term, bidirectional relationships between police actions and police incidents”. Under review.
1. Simpson, Rylan, and Amanda Petersen. “Blue, bluer, bluest: Understanding citizen and officer race in perceptions of police officers”.
Please click here for a detailed list of my presentations.
Police Officer Perception Project (POPP): http://www.policeperceptionproject.com
Irvine Laboratory for the Study of Space and Crime (ILSSC): http://ilssc.soceco.uci.edu