New webinar series features social ecology of pandemic
The School of Social Ecology is launching “Parkside Chats,” a webinar series featuring conversations with Dean Nancy Guerra and faculty experts on the social, environmental and mental health effects of the COVID-19 pandemic.
Join the webinars by following the links below and register to participate in the conversations:
- May 15, 1 p.m., “Pandemic Parenting,” featuring Jessica Borelli, associate professor of psychological science
- May 22, 2:30 p.m., “COVID-19 and Unemployment,” featuring Virginia Parks, chair and professor of urban planning and public policy
- May 28, 2:30 p.m., “Supporting Seniors,” featuring Susan Charles, chair and professor of psychological science
- May 29, 2:30 p.m., “Coronavirus and Crime,” featuring Charis Kubrin, professor of criminology, law and society
- June 5, 2:30 p.m., “Compassion Fatigue,” featuring Richard Matthew, associate dean of the School of Social Ecology, professor of urban planning and public policy and director of the UCI Blum Center for Poverty Alleviation